Saturday, December 17, 2011

Wire Wrapping - Take 1

I got a book off Amazon a few weeks ago, and used some of the techniques to make my first wire wrapped jewelry.  The book is called Beautiful wire jewelry for beaders:  Creative wirework projects for all levels by Irina Miech.

My first project is something I decided to make for my boyfriend's mother.  She is such a wonderful woman, and we wanted something special just for her.  I am told it has a Cuban flare, but he could have ben telling me that to make me feel good.  I just hope she likes it!

About the necklace:
I did all the wire work, except the clasp, which I bought.  The big yellow bead is citrine, with malachite (green) above it.  The small beads are fluorite.  It took a while to get them all wired and hooked together, but I got the hang of it and it is finished!  I hadn't decided what to make for earrings, so left those out.  Who knows, maybe I'll be inspired to make something to complete the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment