Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Labradorite Love

No, I'm not talking about dogs!  They are cute and fuzzy, though.  This labradorite necklace is another re-do.  It was originally "beads on a string" and the string got yucky (kinda rusty).

Originally, it had small black and silver seed beads between each stone.

This time, now that I've learned how to wire wrap (more techniques to come in the future) the necklace has some added stones.  I'll mention some of the properties of each stone, according to "The Crystal Bible" by Judy Hall:

Rose Quartz (pink) - stone of unconditional love and infinite peace.  The most important crystal for the heart.  Self-love, encouraging self-forgiveness and acceptance, and invokes self-trust and self-worth.

Onyx (black) - strength-giving, provides support in difficult or confusing circumstances.  Balances yin and yang energies in the body.

Labradorite (grayish/black/blue/yellow) - Prevents energy leakage and protects against negative energies.  Strengthens faith in self and trust in the universe.  Removes other people's projections.  Useful through change, imparting strength and perserverance.

I have been drawn to labradorite so much I could feel it was the reason I went into the store, even though it was completely obscured from view.  I had to ask them to move several things so I could see in the case - and there it was!!!  The most beautiful stone I'd seen.  No matter how many times I go into the bead shop, I am ALWAYS drawn to the labradorite, and am so happy to have it back.  I call it my "innate" necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment